Contact Sheri: sheri at sheribyrne.com
I have worked exclusively in disability-related fields for the past 15 years, including positions as the head of accessibility for McDonald’s, Albertsons, and currently VMware. I am currently building two accessibility-related websites: AccessibilityHallOfShame.com where people can nominate companies or sites that have terrible accessibility practices, and AccessibilityMarketplace.com which connects people seeking answers to accessibility issues with people capable of providing those answers.
My extensive accessibility professional career as supported by an extensive, multi-disciplinary educational background, including:
• B.Sc. in Management Information Systems (University of San Francisco)
• J.D. (University of San Francisco)
• M.B.A with an emphasis on Health Care from The George Washington University
Continuing education has included:
• Diversity and Inclusion program (Cornell ILR)
• Post-MBA entrepreneurship program run by the NSF at the Haas School of Business (University of California).
• Certificate in ADA coordination (University of Missouri, Columbia)
• Certificate in Professional Accessibility Core Competencies (IAAP/G3ICT)
In addition to my formal education, I am a wheelchair user with a congenital mobility disorder and several auto immune disorders including Type 1 Diabetes and Rheumatoid Arthritis, and am the mother of an adult deaf daughter.
This background has afforded me the ability to see accessibility from all relevant points of view – legal, technical, business, and as a person with a disability and the parent of a person with a disability.
Sheri is available as a source
Additional communication availability: Phone, text, chat, videoconference (voice only)